Hacienda El ternero Reserva 2011

D.O.C. Denomination of Origin Rioja Red wine 13,5% 2011
20.20 Bottle 75 cl Tax incl.

TYPE: Crianza red wine.
VARIETIES: 95% Tempranillo, 5% Mazuelo.
REGION: Upper Rioja.
VINEYARDS: 60 Has. Own vineyard surrounding the winery.
ELABORATION AND AGEING: After manual harvesting, maceration of this wine is usually about 15 to 20 days. After this time, 60% of the wine undergoes malolactic fermentation in new French oak barrels, while the remaining 40% is made in second use barrels. After the malolactic process, the wine is aged in the same barrels for a minimum of 18 months.
TASTING NOTE: Cherry red color, with an aromatic component in which forest fruits predominate, such as blackberries and blueberries, all assembled with spicy aromas and vanillas, coming from its passage through wood. In the mouth it is fresh and round, reminiscent of black fruit flavors and spices from the scrubland.